Twin Filter for Roofs up to 800m2
Prices include VAT
Water Tank Filter for Roof areas up to 800m2
Rainwater filter for installation before rainwater tanks as part of a large rainwater harvesting filter system. Install either in an underground chamber (1000mm diameter) or attached directly to a wall in a frost free location.
This industrial filter from 3P Technik has a tried and tested two step cleaning process within it and is highly efficient independent of flow rates. Due to the steeply inclined filter inserts, dirt is continually washed to the waste water outlet. The cleaned water passes into a small collecting sump, from where it is led to the storage tank.
Suitable for roof areas up to 800m2, however by using a by-pass configuration for the installation it would be possible to connect larger roof areas. Contact us to discuss.
There are two filter units within the Twin Filter. Preliminary cleaning takes place over the two cascades then the pre-cleaned water flows over the finer secondary stainless steel filters. The Twin Filter Unit design ensures it will clean the water even when the Unit is not installed absolutely vertically.
The cleaned water can be used in non-potable situations, for example; wash down, toilet flushing, horticultural irrigation, car washing, etc.
The openings for the supply, storage and waste lines can be made on either or both sides of the Unit. The Twin Filter is supplied with the pipe connection points sealed so the installer can drill the correct diameter holes in the most appropriate sides of the units. DN100 (4") or DN150 (6") connections are recommended.
Low maintenance. The filter is easily accessed by removing the top lid. The filter can then also be removed for cleaning. Twice yearly inspections of the filter are recommended.
How it works
(see also the diagram above)
- Incoming rainwater collects in the inlet weir sump, from which it must weir over onto the 2 filter units (overflow principle). This is tolerant of non verticality.
- Cleaning takes place over the two cascades. Larger dirt particles are washed directly to waste off the primary cascade.
- Pre-cleaned water then flows over the finer secondary sieve unit (at 0.65mm). Because of the specialist filter structure, fine dirt is rinsed to waste, and washes out of the waste outlets.
- The filtered water collects in the central sump and passes via both clean water outlets into the collection tank.
- The dirt that has been filtered out is washed to waste via the two outlets.
These Filters do not come with Wall Brackets as standard. If you want to install the Twin Filter above ground on a frost free wall you will need to include a pair of Wall Brackets within your order (see options above).
Rapid Connector Sets (110mm)
110mm pipe connector complete with steel nuts, bolts, washers & seal insert. These Double Socket Slip Couplers can be used instead of a Double Ended Coupler. The Rapid Connectors ensure that you don't have to move the connecting waste/drainage pipes to fit or to undo the filter at a later date. They enable the pipe to be simply bolted to the filter while it is in place rather than pushing pipes into a socket coupler or similar. Note; the filter basket can be accessed, removed and cleaned by taking the lid off (if purchased) the filter housing - the entire filter housing doesn't need to be taken out for cleaning maintenance.
Read more information about our Rapid 110mm Pipe Connectors.
- Max Roof Area: 800m2
- Pipe Connections:
- 2 x Rainwater Supply Inlets DN100/DN150
- 2 x Outlets to Storage DN100/DN150
- 2 x Outlets to Waste DN100/DN150
- Height Difference:
- between Inlet and Outlet to Storage: 350mm
- between Inlet and Outlet to Waste: 510mm
- Dimensions Overall: W: 680mm, D: 680mm, H: 873mm
- Housing Material: Polyethylene, Colour: Blue
- Preliminary Filter Cascade: Polyethylene
- Fine Filter: Stainless Steel
- Filter Mesh 0.65mm
- Weight: 16Kg
Customers also viewed
£319.00 (inc VAT) £265.83 (ex VAT)
£285.00 (inc VAT) £237.50 (ex VAT)
£235.00 (inc VAT) £195.83 (ex VAT)
£239.99 (inc VAT) £199.99 (ex VAT)