Last updated 23/11/20 09:30 hours
Due to a local two week lockdown in the Cardigan area (23rd of November to 7th December), we strongly request local customers to have their items delivered - see Shop Service and Pre-paid Collections below. Stay safe everyone.
Currently are delivering a normal economy level of service (3-4 working days), albeit in exceptional circumstances. However, as we are experiencing high demand we must advise that your delivery window could, at times, be up to 7 working days.
There is no express delivery option and no shop collections until further notice.
We have taken steps to minimise risk associated Coronavirus (COVID19) to both our customers and our Team. As the situation and government advice evolves, we will update this page from time to time.
Our Team working times are now flexing on a day by day basis to protect staff and ensure all orders are delivered as usual. We have implemented some cool tech and over half of us are now working from home, especially where staff are carers etc.
As a result of the reduced number of Team Staff in the Cardigan office there will be some Service Changes:
- Shop Service: We remain closed to shop customers. It's a difficult decision for us to make, however we cannot at this time risk one or our teams having to self-isolate because of illness or track and trace protocols. We hope you understand. Goods can be pre-ordered for next day collection, please contact us to arrange this.
- Pre-Paid Collections: Collections of goods that have been paid for in advance are available and will take place in our open-air yard to the rear of the building. Collection times must be arranged in advance to accommodate our reduced warehousing team. There are no same day collections at this time, so please order at least one day in advance. Collections are zero contact and no assistance will be offered to load items onto vehicles. Your collection appointment must be confirmed with a member of our team prior to arrival, please contact us to arrange this.
- Telephone Service: Please email us rather than telephone us. For telephone orders and product advice please leave a voicemail and one of the Team will call you back, usually within a few minutes. If you are unable to reach us via telephone please leave a message. You can also use our contact form. Where we have emailed you a quote for products, please pay by BACS rather than phone. BACS details are on the quote.
- Order Processing and Distribution Service: Orders for our lovely products are still being processed by the Team (wherever they are sitting) and then delivered to the whole of the UK as normal. At present there are no known delivery issues. However However as we are experiencing high demand we must ask and advise that your delivery window could at times be up to 7 working days. Currently we effectively have no backlog and are outputting a normal service level, albeit in exceptional circumstances. We will advise you as this changes. Of course it is possible that processing and delivery timescales may be further extended. Our warehouse teams working patterns have also been changed to minimise contact amongst one another. We are working in two teams in two shifts over a longer working day to make sure we stay safe and get the products to you in good time. Due to a reduced resource available around mid-day we are no longer able to offer the express service on checkout.
- Stock Availability: We are working with suppliers to keep stocks at the right level and we have already increased some stock levels that we felt appropriate. Some water butts are out of stock until November or even January, please see individual listings for details. Where water butts are out of stock we encourage you to pre-order them to avoid disappointment.
We apologise if our new Team working patterns cause any inconvenience to you or your order, and we thank you for your patience, support and custom during this unprecedented situation.
Our courier and pallet networks are expecting unprecedented demand for their services this year because of social distancing. Our couriers are already encouraging us to encourage you to order early for Christmas to avoid disappointment! (writing this in October!).
The last day our brilliant warehouse team will be dispatching items to you before Christmas is the 22nd of December. However we cannot guarantee that those items will arrive to you before Christmas.
We hope that orders made before the 16th of December will arrive at their destination before Christmas (provided of course the item is in stock).
We will be closed from the moment the last item is dispatched on the 22nd of December until Monday the 4th of January 2021. If you have a query about your order between those dates, please send us an email or leave a voicemail. We will reply to you as soon as we are back on the 4th.
Stay safe and keep well,
The Celtic Water Team